This salad was inspired by a meal I had with my boyfriend and we always eat with rice soup. Almost of Thai people love this menu and you can ordering in most of every restaurant around Thailand, price of this dishes around 40-50 Baht. But also if you like to cook in your home, it can be easy and tasty also. Here is all the recipies for Yum Kai Kem... Let's do it!!
- 6 salted eggs (cook in boiling water for 7 minutes)
- 1 handful thin sliced spring onion
- 1 handful cut Chinese celery
- 2 tbsp. sliced red chili pepper
- 2 handful thin sliced lemongrass
- 2 tbsp. pickled garlic
- 1 tbsp. juice from pickle garlic
- 2 tomatoes cut bite size
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 3 lemons
- Cut the boiled salted eggs in half.
- In a big bowl, add red chili pepper, fish sauce, sugar, squeeze the juice from 3 lemons, juice from pickle garlic, lemongrass, pickled garlic and 1/4 cup water.
- Keep adding fish sauce, lemon juice and sugar until you get the real taste of spicy and sour salad.
- Some people ground fresh garlic and red chili pepper first to get the red color, I didn’t.
- After you get it at the taste you like, place sliced cabbage on the big plate, then salted eggs come after. You may choose Salted Red Yolk from my previous recipe: Salted Red Egg Yolks.
- Mix together tomatoes, onion and celery. Next, pour sauce from step 2.
- Serve with boiled Thai jasmine rice as a salty complement to a multi-course Thai meal.