Khanom Sangkaya Fak Thong (Pumpkin Custard)
One of Thai sweet dessert that you will love. It would be "Pumpkin Custard". In Thai we called "Sangkaya Fak Thong". This is one of my favorite Thai dessert, I eat often and easy to cook, you should try and you will love it!!
- 1 small pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 pandanus leaves
- ¾ cup palm sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Cut the top of pumpkin and remove all seed inside then clean and drain out the water.
- Beat the eggs and add the palm sugar in the bowl then squeeze its together.
- Add the coconut milk and salt. Squeeze pandanus until palm sugar dissolves and all ingredients mix well.
- After pour it in strainer then put it into the pumpkin.
- Do not pour it full. (see the picture, leave it around ½ inch)
- Steam it for 45 minutes or well done.
- Please be careful, you cannot cut the custard when the custard still hot. you should wait until it's firm to cut. (around 30 minutes)